Volunteers are a valued and integral part of House with a Heart (HWAH). They provide outstanding care to all of the residents. HWAH volunteers are wonderful people who have a passion for helping senior dogs and cats. You must be at least 18 years old to volunteer.
Volunteers have a chance to take on roles in areas that interest them and where they can best use their personal and professional talents. There are 3 types of positions including:
- Assisting in the care of HWAH residents and visitors (giving the animals more human interactions, as well as excellent care)
- Maintaining the sanctuary (reducing expenses allowing more funds to directly support the residents)
- Fund raising activities (increasing public awareness of HWAH)
CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
Below are examples of the activities that volunteers perform:
- Supervising outdoor exercise for dogs
- Grooming and bathing dogs
- Special Clean-Up Day Events**
- Cleaning “doggie” areas
- Yard work (leaves, snow, or weed removal)
- Doing dog laundry and dishes
- Small carpentry, electrical, or plumbing jobs
- Doing other HWAH errands
- Proposal writing
- Computer help (blog, newsletters, website)
- Event planning, fund raising
- Cleaning litter boxes and cat areas*
- Feeding, playing, grooming cats*
*To join our cat crew requires that you have experience with cats
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, click here to fill out the Adult Volunteer Form. We will review each Form and contact you when HWAH has a need that matches your interests and time availability. Please be specific on your hours of availability.
Thank you very much for your interest in volunteering at HWAH. For volunteer matters and requests, please email email@example.com .