So you are thinking about having your pup stay at House With a Heart?
House With a Heart can only care for friendly dogs. This is a MUST!!!
Vaccine Records, food and medications: We will need current vaccine records for your dog. You should provide clearly marked food and medication. We have bowls, bedding, and toys. You may bring familiar items that will comfort your dog, but please don’t bring anything that would be upsetting to you if it was lost or damaged.
- Tour of HWAH: If you have not yet visited HWAH you should plan on coming for a visit without your pet. Visiting hours are by appointment Saturday between Noon and 2pm or Wednesday evenings between 7pm and 8pm. Please email email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- Get Acquainted Visits for First Timers: Once you have visited HWAH and decided that we would be a good fit for your pet we REQUIRE a Get Acquainted Visit to familiarize your pet with HWAH. Dogs must pass the GA visit before we can care for them. GA Visits are a free service, by appointment – Monday through Saturday – drop off Noon with their dinner and pick up at 7pm.
When you are ready to bring your pet to HWAH for his or her Short Term Visit:
- Drop Off and Pick Up times: 7 days a week Noon to 1pm or 7pm to 8pm. Drop off or pick up at either time.
- Special Note– Noon to 1pm (if picking up during this time there is no charge for the pickup day)
- Special Note –7pm to 8pm (if dropping off during this time there is no charge for the night).
- The suggested value is $40.00 for the first dog, and $25.00 for each additional dog. (This is the local fair market value). Any donation in excess of that amount is allowable under IRS Guidelines for Charitable Contributions.
- Please be sure to bring your dog’s food. If provided by HWAH, there will be an additional daily charge for food.
- We cannot accept payment from third party non-profits for these services. All of the funds go to support the HWAH residents.
Proceed to step two, creating your reservation request by clicking on the button below.
We are CLOSED in 2018 for the following time periods, and no Short Term Care will be available
January 5th (Friday) to February 5th (Monday), 2018
April 13th (Friday) to April 23rd (Monday), 2018
September 10th (Monday) to October 1st (Monday), 2018
Our closure dates for 2019 are as follows:
January 4th (Friday) to January 25th (Friday), 2019
March 29th (Friday) to April 12th (Friday), 2019
September 13th (Friday) to October 4th (Friday), 2019