So you are thinking about having your pup stay at House With a Heart?
House With a Heart can only care for friendly dogs. This is a MUST!!!
Vaccine Records, food and medications: We will need current vaccine records for your dog. You should provide clearly marked food and medication. We have bowls, bedding, and toys. You may bring familiar items that will comfort your dog, but please don’t bring anything that would be upsetting to you if it was lost or damaged.
- Tour of HWAH: If you have not yet visited HWAH you should plan on coming for a visit without your pet. Visiting hours are Saturday between Noon and 2pm or Wednesday evenings between 7 and 9pm by appointment.
- Get Acquainted Visits for First Timers: Once you have visited HWAH and decided that we would be a good fit for your pet we REQUIRE a Get Acquainted Visit to familiarize your pet with HWAH. Dogs must pass the GA visit before we can care for them. GA Visits are a free service, by appointment – Monday through Saturday – drop off between Noon and 2pm and pick up between 7-8pm.
When you are ready to bring your pet to HWAH for his or her Short Term Visit:
- Drop Off and Pick Up times: 7 days a week Noon to 2pm or 7-8pm. Drop off or pick up at either time.
- Special Note– Noon to 2pm (if picking up during this time there is no charge for the pickup day)
- Special Note –7-8pm (if dropping off during this time there is no charge for the night).
- The suggested value is $40.00 for the first dog, and $25.00 for each additional dog. (This is the local fair market value). Any donation in excess of that amount is allowable under IRS Guidelines for Charitable Contributions.
- Please be sure to bring your dog’s food. If provided by HWAH, there will be an additional daily charge for food.
- We cannot accept payment from third party non-profits for these services. All of the funds go to support the HWAH residents.
Proceed to step two, creating your reservation request by clicking on the button below.